Sport & Fitness Management
The Sport and Fitness Management Program (SFMT) prepares you to enter the world of personal or corporate fitness, or to begin a career in the sport industry. You will learn to:
- Work one-on-one with fitness clients
- Manage daily operations of a fitness facility
- Manage the business side of a sport organization.
This program appreciates the importance of applied knowledge and critical thinking. Through internships, lab experiences, and working under the leadership of the program faculty, students are well prepared to interact with fitness clients, athletes, and sport consumers on a professional level.
What will you be able to do?
- Perform comprehensive fitness assessments on a diverse population of clients.
- Develop personalized fitness and weight management programs.
- Instruct individual and group exercise activities.
- Work within the local community to promote active, healthy living.
- Work within the accounting, ticketing, and financial operations of a sporting event or program.
- Be involved in facility and event management, media relations, or the sales of sporting goods and licensed sport products.
- Organize and manage the general operations of fitness or sport-based programs.
- Provide leadership by modeling healthy lifestyle behaviors.
As society works to improve life-span and quality, emphasis is being placed on active living and exercise. To ensure the greatest benefit to others, highly-educated, well-trained professionals are needed. Employment projections expect an 18% increase in fitness industry jobs through 2016, with the possibility of hundreds of new jobs in Ohio.
New Ways Zane State College is Helping You
This year we are happy to announce that the Sport and Fitness Management program is now offered in its entirety at both of our state-of-the-art, all-inclusive campuses located in Zanesville and Cambridge. Simply choose the campus closest to you and get started on your new career path!
Shelley Zimmerman, Professor
Health Science Hall, Room 325B