Recognized for His Association and Outstanding Service to the Zane State College Foundation Board
Today at the Zane State College Foundation Scholar-Donor Breakfast, the Zane State College Foundation Board of Directors awarded John W. Knight with the Director Emeritus status. From 1984-2002, Mr. Knight served the Zane State College Foundation with distinction, insight, and integrity. Always putting students first, Mr. Knight applied his knowledge of investing, responsible stewardship, and wisdom gained in life for the betterment of the College and community as a whole.
His contributions and achievements include:
- Named the Shirley Mixer Knight Laboratory at the Paul R. Brown EPIC Center on Zane State’s Cambridge campus (2013)
- Received the Ohio Association of Community Colleges Maureen C. Grady Award for Special Achievement (2012)
- Named the John and Marta Knight Training Room at the Paul R. Brown EPIC Center on Zane State’s Cambridge campus (2011)
- Served as Chair of the Foundation Board of Directors (1998 to 2002)
- Served as Chair and Vice Chair (1996 to 1998; 1985 to 1992)
- Established the Jack Knight Memorial Scholarship in memory of his late father (1990)
Zane State College Executive Director of the Foundation Anthony Adornetto said, “Each of us has gained an individual measure of knowledge from our association with John. The directors of the Zane State College Foundation Board extend their sincere appreciation to him for the personal and professional service he has rendered to the College and to the Foundation. We are fortunate to continue to benefit from John’s leadership through his role as a Zane State College Board of Trustees member.”
Photo caption: (on left) Zane State College Director Emeritus John W. Knight with Zane State College President Chad Brown
Zane State College, established in 1969, offers an accredited education at its campuses in Zanesville and Cambridge, Ohio. Zane State College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Zane State College’s programs and certificates provide an experience-based education for modern careers. Students can also receive an affordable start on the first two years of their bachelor’s degree at Zane State College before transferring to a four-year institution. Visit www.zanestate.edu for more information.