You've worked hard. Let us reward you for it.
Click here to learn about sending your ACT scores. Zane State College's ACT code is 3305.
Why you should apply for the Honors Program
To start with, you get some pretty awesome benefits. The exclusive Zane State College Honors Program will reward you for working hard and excelling in high school. As a participant, you'll receive:
- The Honors Program Scholarship Package, which includes a full tuition scholarship and up to $1,600 per year for books
- A free HP Stream laptop
- Opportunities for international learning experiences
- Specially designed honors courses
- Service learning experiences
- An dedicated honors advisor
- Transfer agreements with Preferred Partner Colleges, where you can complete a bachelor's degree
As always, you'll benefit from small classes and personal attention from Zane State College's experienced faculty members. The Honors program is great whether you're looking for a two-year degree or to start a bachelor's. This program will challenge you academically to prepare you for future success.
Applying is simple.
Submit the Zane State College application and Academic Award Program application.
Submit the Honors Program application and essay.
Request transcripts from high school and College Credit Plus (ALL College Credit Plus credits are accepted, even credits from other colleges).
Request your official ACT scores be sent to Zane State College.
Who is eligible?
- Recent high school graduates that graduated within one year of starting at Zane State College.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2.
- Have a combined ACT score that qualifies you for a full tuition Academic Award scholarship (see chart below).
Staying in the Honors Program
To continue in the Honors Program, you must maintain the following:
- enrollment in and completion of a minimum of 12 credit hours per term
- a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- a minimum grade of C in all honors courses
- enrollment in summer term is not required. However, certain programs require summer classes. If this is the case, those classes are covered by the scholarship package
Failure to meet any of the requirements will result in the loss of the Honors Scholarship Package and the Academic Award. If you believe that you are not going to meet a requirement, you should schedule a meeting with via e-mailing Amy Wilson or calling 740.588.1339.
The Fall 2016 Honors Scholarship package will expire at the end of Spring 2018 and is not renewable.