FAQ for Employees


Should Zane State College employees (faculty, adjunct faculty, staff, and student workers) report to campus as usual?

Employees are expected to follow all existing Health Department directives and guidelines such as:

The wearing of face-masks is required of all employees while in public places at the College. The general rule is that a face mask is required when entering the College, exiting the College, and moving about the College.

Maintain social distancing of 6-ft.

Use hand sanitizer when available.

Do not come to work ill.

Please contact the Office of Human Resources for more information.

Is my personal data held by the College current and updated e.g., emergency contact phone numbers, address?

If you are unsure please contact Denise Johnson at x4407. It is important for the College to have your current, accurate contact information.

If I am about to exhaust all of my available paid time off for a COVID-19 issue, can I request the assistance of Policy 500.30 – Employee Leave Donation Program?

This policy is designed to address matters of a ‘serious illness or injury of the employee.’ Its use for COVID-19 matters will be handled on a case-by-case basis through the Office of Human Resources.

What if I feel I am a high-risk employee e.g., age, immunocompromised, etc. – who do I call?

If you are feeling ill, please visit your primary care physician or an urgent-care center. If you are simply curious and desiring assistance please contact the Office of Human Resources. One source of information this office will direct you to is the IMPACT Solutions web site:
• www.myimpactsolution.com
• Click on the orange button: ‘Go to member login’
• Member Login – Username: zanestate
• Click on the red banner at top of page: NEWS ALERT Coronavirus COVID-19 Outbreak

If you need to inquire of accommodation matters you should contact the Office of Human Resources.

As a supervisor, I don’t want to unknowingly ‘discriminate’ against any of our employees or students. What would you advise me to be aware of?

Each supervisor should be aware of our ‘Non-discrimination and anti-harassment’ policy – 300.28. It clearly describes classes of people that are protected from discrimination and harassment behaviors. This includes our employees and any individual participating in a College program or activity. The protected classes are sex, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information (GINA), military status, sexual orientation, and gender identity and expression. Multiple laws and enforcement agencies apply to these types of discrimination. For example, employers are prohibited from asking employees to disclose if they have compromised immune systems or a chronic health condition that would make them more susceptible to COVID-19.

If a supervisor has a question they are to consult the Office of Human Resources (OHR) for advice and counsel. OHR will often rely on the assistance of the Office of the Ohio Attorney General.

(1) FMLA, ADA, EEOC, DOL, and etc.

If for some COVID-19 related circumstance, I am quarantined at home, how can I perform 'meaningful work', what does it mean?

What do I do if I am teaching a College Credit Plus course at the high school?

Contact your faculty liaison for further information.

Where can I get mental health assistance?

As an employee, you can receive complementary mental health assistance. Please visit the College’s IMPACT Solutions Employee Assistance Provider here to get started: https://impactsolutionseap.personaladvantage.com/.

As an employee, what is the process if I or a coworker appear to be ill with symptoms of COVID-19?