Fire Service is an exciting program that gives you the opportunity to serve your community and save lives. This associate’s degree program will ensure that you have a strong strategic and academic core to prepare you to serve the nation's fire and emergency services.
The Fire Service program prepares you for career paths that include basic-level EMTs, certified paramedics, fire inspectors and investigators, and firefighters at industrial sites.
Individuals considering this field should possess the following qualities:
- Analytical skills to quickly evaluate emergency scenes
- Communication skills to correspond critical information during an emergency scene
- Courage to enter dangerous situations
- Physical strength to carry wounded individuals, equipment, and debris
- Teamwork to react quickly and to minimize injuries
A physical training course is required due to the importance of being in good physical and mental health. Maintaining personal wellness is a necessity.
The Fire Service program is presented in partnership with Mid-East Career and Technology Centers. The program includes all facets of the National Fire Academy Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) Model Curriculum.